Monday, January 2, 2012

Welcome 2012!

This is going to be THE year! Isn't that what everyone says? From being THE year to lose weight, THE year to start saving more, THE year to do whatever, how many resolutions actually stay with us?  I have so many of these that I don't even feel like making a resolution because I know I won't stick with it. 

2012 is already beginning with changes for me: the biggest being I start a new, full-time job on Wednesday.  The boys will be going to full days at school, four days a week.  And seeing that M is having a full blown tantrum on the kitchen floor as I write this (over not being able to hold the Polar Express DVD box) you would think I'm chomping at the bit for this change.  While I'm certainly not dreading it, I wouldn't say I'm super excited about it either.  It's going to be hard, especially with not having the relatively free and flexible schedule of a SAHM anymore.  But it will be nice to be with adults again and know that the boys are having fun in a place they know and enjoy.  And they should be together in the afternoons, I think, so that should help them out too.

All that being said, I am hoping this year to grow Striped Turtle Studio and possibly expand into a sister shop selling handmade soaps.  On the immediate horizon is a new look and two fun little mascots for the etsy shop, facebook page and this blog.  I plan on being much more active on all three sites.  And to begin this, I'm introducing "Monday's Treasury" a weekly self-curated Etsy Treasury.  I'm hoping to have a regular blogging schedule, but for now I'm starting slow... after all, too many changes at once isn't a good thing.

With all the new changes on the horizon, I'm excited, nervous, anxious and a touch overwhelmed.  But I'm looking forward to this year being a good one, cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews